Senior Digital Strategist with extensive experience with all phases of digital product development (editorial features, design, content management, user experience, workflow, analytics) audience development (social media, email, multimedia, SEO) and information technology (web development, infrastructure). Extensive experience building and managing cross-functional digital teams and third-party vendors.
Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF)
Washington, DC (May, 2023 to present)
Sr. Digital Product Manager
Washington, DC (August, 2022 to May, 2023)
Vice President and Chief Digital Officer
Pew Research Center
Washington, DC (2009 to present)
Director, Digital Strategy
- Develop and execute digital publishing, brand and audience development strategy, in collaboration with executive leadership and communications. Increased average monthly unique website visitors from 500K to 4MM during my tenure.
- Established use of digital analytics tools (Google Analytics, Chartbeat, Parse.ly, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics) to measure digital brand reach and impact.
- Built internal capacity for ongoing user-research and testing for digital products
- Established use of social media for content promotion and brand awareness
- Converted digital production from 100% outsourced to 95% in-house. Recruited, hired and manage 20-person in-house digital product team (programming, production, design, user experience, video, social, analytics)
- Collaborated with Art Director and communications to develop unified brand strategy for multiple digital properties, products and social media in collaboration
- Created information architecture and user experience for responsive website design.
- Managed migration of multiple digital properties using diverse content management systems to WordPress VIP.
- Managed internal resources and vendor development and application of custom taxonomy
Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies
Washington, DC (2017 – 2019)
- Developed curriculum and taught Digital Analytics and Measurement class as part of Master’s in Integrated Marketing Communications program
U.S. News & World Report
Washington, DC (1999 to 2009)
Director, Online Operations (2006 to 2009)
Director, Information Technology Services (2004 to 2006)
New Media Technology Manager (1999 to 2004 )
- Collaborated with Editor, Publisher, and Marketing Director to develop short- and long-term online business, content, and partnership strategy
- Managed $1 million annual operational budget
- Managed usnews.com web programming, production, design and analytics team
- Led site redesign, coordinating multiple internal resources and third-party vendors to develop new site architecture, navigation, user interface, visual design specification.
- Expanded use of blogs, user comments, social networking, and video
- Managed external vendors and internal staff on full life-cycle of key technology initiatives including building a custom Content Management System and E-Commerce platform
Kate Waller Barrett Elementary School
Communication Arts Coordinator (December 1997 to June 1999)
George Mason University
Department of Modern & Classical Languages
Instructional Technologist (August 1995 to December 1997)
Tsuchiura City Public Schools
Assistant English Teacher (August 1991 to April 1992)
Specialization: Early Childhood/Elementary Education
Graduate School of Education
Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
Rowan University (Glassboro State College), Glassboro, NJ